I REALLY like Jim Carrey. Some may think that he’s a bit over the top with his slapstick but he just cracks me up. I’m usually not a fan of this genre of performance but for some reason, I just love to see him execute. It’s the facial expressions and the timing of his humor. James “Jim” Carrey has been at it for Years.
Here are some of my favorite movies from Mr. Carrey (in no particular order) :
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – Can’t remember which movie I saw first betweenAce Ventura and The Mask but from the first time I saw Jim on the Big screen, I couldn’t wait for his next movie.
- The Mask – This is the kind of over the top stuff that I loved him for in ”In Living Color”. Remember that show from the early 90’s? Was definitely one of my favorites that I just had to watch every week.
- Dumb and Dumber – laughed so hard in the last 20 mins of that movie my belly literally hurt. That farted scene was too much!
- Lemony Snickets – I like the dark comedic approach he took on this one.
- Yes Man – Was a great example of how one can change their life by simply being open to the Universe. Love this one because it shows the power of the Law of Attraction which I am a BIG Believer in.
- Bruce Almighty – Another movie with a ”Faith” undertone. Love when he pulled the moon in, to romance his girlfriend. Wasn’t so thrilled about the consequence of that action but entertaining movie. But THE ultimate was when he made a fool out of Steve Carell’s character when he was reporting live on air. To this day, just the thought of that will send me into a laughing fit. – OK, I’m back. Just had me a good laugh. Got that out of me system.
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Need I say more? Love all of Dr. Seuss’ work so I’m completely biased.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – I was impressed that he could bring out his serious side but that wasn’t the only movie he displayed his serious acting skills. He may not be a ”drama” actor but he can hold his own.
- Liar Liar – Was another one that in some ways reminded me of Bruce Almighty in some strange way.
And he has acted in countless other movies but those were the ones I most enjoyed or was intrigued by.
But to me, Jim is more than JUST a comedian. He is an inspiration. I have seen him in countless movies, interviews and YouTube videos and he amazes me every time. One speech in particular really resonates with me was the one he gave at the 2014 Maharishi University of Management Graduation. Not only was he able to entertain and make what is usually a BORING event – a Graduation – a more enjoyable 25 minutes, but he also gave some very interesting perspectives on life, business and the Law of Attraction. You should check it out on YouTube. He talks about :
- How we more than just the body we’re in. Our soul is limitless ;
- How to overcome living in FEAR ;
- How to overcome choosing a ”safe and secure” job for fear of failing ;
- How to ask the Universe for whatever it is you want ;
- How to move forward in life with FAITH not HOPE. Hope begs. Faith conquers ;
- How to find Peace by accepting yourself and being yourself
- Don’t be invisible. Let your light shine through
- How to stay on track when others wish you the worst
I could go on but really Google it. It’s worth watching.
This man is no joke. His wisdom may seem to be overshadowed by his goofy persona but listen to the man. He’s got a thing or two to say and you will definitely benefit from lending an ear.
So tell me, do you like Jim as much as I do? If so, what do you like most about him?